"[Sounds of being proud]"
The XR15 is a modded assault rifle firing 2-round bursts. Despite being an airsoft gun in real life, in Arsenal, it's an actual gun that fires 20 rounds of bullets.
In-game, the XR15 is notable for being one of the few assault rifles that fire in a burst fashion, similar to that of the M16A2. It fires from a 20-round magazine, with 60 rounds in reserve.
The firing rate of this weapon is similar to the M16A2. However, despite being a 2-burst weapon, users tend to use this like the M16A2 in which they find this good at using for mid and close-quarter combat.
Pros and Cons
- Fast rate of fire while bursting.
- Has low spread.
- Good damage for its class.
- Small magazine size.
- The XR15 is an identical copy of the CSI S.T.A.R XR-5 FG-1508 Advanced Battle Rifle, an airsoft rifle built around an M4 gearbox.
- It also bares resemblance to the CZ 805 BREN created by Česká zbrojovka Uherský Brod in 2009.
- The XR15 is the 3rd burst-operated weapon that was added to Arsenal.
- The XR15's sounds are the same as the M16A2, albeit slowed down and lowered in pitch.
- This along with the Rocket Launcher, Peacemaker, Barrett, G-17, AUG, the Trench Gun, and the DB Shotgun are the only primary weapons that appear in the Arcade gamemode.
- 09/28/19: Added into the September Update of Arsenal.